The Bourne Education Trust
Bourne Education Trust (‘BET’) is a Surrey and Hampshire based multi-academy trust made up of sixteen schools, across both primary and secondary phases.
Specialising in supporting schools to improve their performance, BET focusses relentlessly on standards to guide, and, where necessary, intervene to ensure the best outcomes for all learners within its schools.
Led by Alex Russell, CEO and supported by an executive team and board of directors, the Trust’s main areas of expertise are as follows:
- Increasing leadership capacity and rebuilding confidence
- Setting the strategic priorities for schools and creating an aspirational culture
- Supporting current leadership teams to implement change
- Refining the school’s data tracking systems so that intervention is targeted, appropriate and makes a difference
- Improving the quality of teaching through school to school support, paired observations, bespoke training and the use of outstanding practitioners
- Increasing the skills of teaching assistants so that in class provision and small group work supports progress
- Challenging underperformance and closing the gap
- Ensuring that no child slips through the net.
The Trust is characterised by quality leadership and governance, teaching and learning, and strong outcomes. It is efficient and cost-effective to free up resources for the front line. BET’s priority is its schools.